Friday, September 28, 2012

We're having a baby!

That’s right….. My sister is going to be giving birth to our sweet Meri Claire. Ha. I am so excited to be an aunt again. Marlie was the first real love of my life. She is so funny and such a little DIVA. My mom says watching her is like going back in time and watching me. That may be why we get along so fabulously. Even if I never get a girl of my own I know I will get to have fun with my 2 sweet nieces. So new baby Kelley’s name is Meridith Claire Kelley and she will be called Meri Claire, How cute is that? On September 16 we had a wonderful baby shower for her. Kelly got some great things for Meri and Marlie got a few things herself. It will be so exciting to have another little baby. Also, Meri is due right around my birthday and I have my fingers crossed that we will be BDAY BUDDIES!!! My sister was born on my Uncle Donnie’s birthday so it’s kind of a thing ha. I have to wonder that since Marlie is just like me, who will Meri be like. It will be interesting to see… I know Kelly won’t be able to handle 2 of me! I know that Marlie will be a great big sis, here is a note that I have written to her about the importance of being a big sister.

Dear Marlie,
You will never know how much joy you have brought into all of our lives. You are truly a walking ray of sunshine. I know you are excited about your new baby sister and I know you will do a great job at teaching her things and loving her. It is so important to be a good example to Meri as she grows up, I would know since I was your mommy’s big sister. You should teach her to be kind, giving, sharing, loving, and sweet. I know at times she will get on your nerves and you will fight, but trust me she WILL grow up one day to be your best friend and the person (besides your mommy) that you will talk to and call for help. She is going to watch your every move and soak it all in. You can probably go ahead and bet your bottom dollar that she will be nothing like you and that a lot of times your personalities will clash, but that’s ok. You well help each other balance out. If you ever need any big sister advice you know I am always here for you. You were the first baby that ever stole my heart and you will always have a special place there. I love you so very much.
Love, KK

I leave you with some pictures from sweet Meri’s Baby shower.



No comments:

Post a Comment